Today more than 1.9 billion people are suffering from overweight. Many of them can not imagine that there are actually a large number of people who wants to gain weight but they can’t. Putting on some pound weight is a real challenge for them, especially if they want to do it in a healthy way. Gaining weight is not so easy, many people face difficulty when it comes to leaving the underweight category. Being underweight is physically and mentally challenging for them. They are also suffering from weak immune system. Some people are trying their best to put some weight but they are not being successful in it. Let’s see what they are doing wrong-
Protein- if you are missing the right amount of protein you can’t gain weight. Dieticians often suggest including more protein in your diet of you are trying to put some weight. If you are not taking required amount of protein, you will not see a difference in your body. Consult professionals who can help you to calculate protein and will suggest you the food enriched with protein.
Chicken, egg, turkey, beef, fish, sea food, yoghurt, milk, cheese, beans these are the name of some rich protein food.
Carbohydrates- it plays a very important role in weight gain. When we eat carbohydrates our body stores them in muscles and liver, which convert into glucose. Most people who are trying to gain weight they only focus on protein, they forget about the importance of carbohydrates. If you will not take required amount of carbohydrates, your body will utilize protein as a supplement of energy. Which means your body will not have enough protein to gain weight.
Oats, bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, orange, blueberries, grapefruit, kidney beans, chickpeas are some foods rich with carbohydrates.
you should do workout that is focused on strength training. You should some yoga and cardio so that your chances of falling ill will be reduced.
Tips to gain weight
- Keep record of you food habits- you should keep record of your food habits like What you eat, When you eat. Keeping record of your eating habits will help you to improve your eating habits and it will also help your doctor to make diet plan for you. He or she will know How to change and What to change in your diet plan.
- Eat enough Protein- Eating a required amount of protein will support your muscle mass and growth, this is the important factor for weight gain.
- Exercise to reach your goal- If you think that stopping all exercise will help to gain weight then you are wrong. You should exercise to reach your goal. You should do the exercise like cardio and yoga for strength training.
- Be patient- this is the most important tip for you. Whether you want to gain or loose weight, you should have patience. You should not be rushed and aware that it won’t happen overnight. Focus on your goal and have trust in yourself.
Foods that help to weight gain
- Sweet nuts
- Adding meat or sea foods
- Dairy foods
- Peanut butter
Underweight problem in Children
Failure To Thrive- It is a growth problem in children. If any child will have failure to thrive, his weight will be below to normal. There are many cause of FTT in children like poor diet or medical problem. Children need lots of calories to grow. There are some reason why your child may be underweight-
- Genetics- It plays a very important role in child’s weight. If parents of child are thin then there are strong chances that the child will be thin too.
- Digestive disease- Some digestive disease or condition also can make your children thin. If your child have any digestive condition, he or she may refuse to eat.
- Eating disorders- Eating disorder have become very common in children now a days. If a child is affected with this he may eat excessively, or reduce food to below the minimum level or vomit after eat.
Some tips to help your children to gain weight
- Consult with your child’s pediatrician, he or she may consult with dietician to make a diet plan for your child
- Make sure your child is having three full meal and two snacks per day
- There are some clinically proven medicines like Ciplactin for weight gain, that can help your child.
- Add fruits and nuts in your children’s diet to keep them healthy.
- Take them for the outdoor exercises or sports like swimming and cycling.