Mesacol 400mg tablet is an anti-inflammatory drug that is used to treat a type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) known as ulcerative colitis and other swelling and inflammations problems of the rectum and colon. It also helps to decrease the symptoms like diarrhea, bleeding, and stomach pain by reducing inflammation in the bowel. Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease that includes
irritation of the inner lining of the colon and rectum also.
Mesacol 400mg medicine is also used to treat another type of bowel disease which we know as Crohn’s disease. However, Doctors provide different prescriptions for people with different medical conditions.
Tell Your Doctor If You;-
- Are allergic to any ingredients of this Tablet then avoid it
- Have Blood Disorders or uncontrolled Bleeding
- Have or ever had any Kidney or Liver Disease
- If you have Stomach or Bowel Ulcers
- Have Asthma or any other Lung Disease
- Have Galactose Intolerance or Glucose-Galactose Malabsorption
- Are consuming Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- If Breastfeeding
Uses of Mesacol 400mg
Benefits of Mesacol 400mg
Ulcerative colitis is an infection of the digestive organ (colon) and rectum in which the covering of the entrails gets red and swollen. This can lead to bleeding, frequent diarrhea, and stomach torment. Mesacol 400mg can calm these manifestations and help you to stay well by keeping them from returning. There is a wide range of brands and your PCP will decide which is generally reasonable for you. You need to take this medication consistently to take advantage of it and you should drink a lot of liquids while taking it to ensure you stay hydrated.
In Crohn’s disease
Crohn’s disease is a persistent (long haul) incendiary infection of the digestive organs. The common symptoms of Crohn’s disease are diarrhea and pain in your stomach. Mesacol 400mg also diminishes the irritation, eases the side effects, and keeps them from returning.
Side effects of Mesacol 400mg
Most side effects of Mesacol 400mg do not require any medical attention, But consult your doctor if you are worried about them or the condition gets worst.
Common Side effects
Stomach pain/epigastric pain
How to use Mesacol 400mg
Take Mesacol 400mg medicine in the dose and duration as prompted by your doctor. Swallow it whole. Also try not to chew, smash, or break it. Take it with food. It ought to be taken with food. The tablets should be taken whole with water, do not break, crush, or chew them. The doses of medicine will depend on what you are being treated for but take it exactly as your doctor’s prescription.
How it works
Mesacol 400mg Tablet is an aminosalicylate. It also works by suppressing the production of chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that cause inflammation (swelling) in the intestines. This lessens ulceration, bleeding, and stomach ache and prevents future flare-ups of the infection.
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol while you are taking this medicine. Consult your doctor before consuming alcohol while taking Mesacol 400mg.
- It should be used with caution while you are pregnant. There are some studies on human and animal that has shown harmful results on a baby’s development. Talk to your doctor about whether you should use it or not during pregnancy.
- Mesacol 400mg tablets can be unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Some studies show it may pass into breast milk and be unsafe for the development of the baby. You should consult your doctor before using it during breastfeeding.
- It is safe to drive after taking this medicine because it does not affect your vision.
- If you have or ever had any liver disease use this medicine with caution. Please consult your doctor before using this Mesacol.
- You should talk to your doctor about your medical history if you have any kidney disease before using Mesacol 400mg. your doctor will adjust your dose
What if you forget to take Mesacol 400mg?
If you miss a dose of Mesacol 400mg, take it as soon as you remember. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the dose you have missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose also.
Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to this tablet because this may give you some adverse effects.
Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without your doctor’s consultation.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding consults your doctor before using this medicine.
Patients with kidney or liver disease should use this medicine with caution.
If you stop taking this medicine too early your problems can come back and become worse.
The conclusion is should you buy Mesacol 400mg or not
If you are dealing with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) like ulcerative colitis and other swelling and inflammations problems of the rectum and colon this medicine is highly recommended for you. It also works to relax the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease. With some treatable side effects, it is proved to be safe for use. Some side effects of Mesacol 400mg do not need any medical attention. Continue use of this medicine will treat your inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as ulcerative colitis. Do not use it without your doctor’s prescription also.