Aerocort inhaler inhaler is used in the treatment of asthma. To relaxes the muscles of the air passages and makes it easy to breathe for asthma patient. Aerocort forte Inhaler relaxes the muscles in the walls of the small airways in the lungs; makes breathing easier by reducing the irritation and swelling of the airways.
It is a combination of beclomethasone dipropionate and levosalbutamol. Aerocort inhaler allows air to flow easily in and out of the lungs. Patients with high blood pressure and heart disease should take precautions. Report your doctor if you have any allergy to the active ingredients of Aerocort inhaler.
Uses of Aerocort inhaler
There are some uses:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (Copd)
- Shortness of breath
- Lung disorder
Benefits of Aerocort inhaler
It relaxes the muscles in the wall of the small airways in the lungs and makes breathing easier by decreasing the irritation and swelling of the airways. To get the benefit from Aerocort inhaler you need to make sure you get your inhaler technique right, otherwise, it does not work very well. It does not work to relieve quick asthma attack.
Most side effects of Aerocort inhaler do not require any medical attention, consult your doctor if you are worried about them:
- Hoarseness of voice
- Sore throat
- Fungal infection of mouth
- Muscle cramp
- Stuffy nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Skin rash
- Irregular heartbeat
- Respiratory Tract infection
- Sudden changes in mood
- Nose bleed
- Pale skin
- Smell and taste disturbances
- Chest burn
- Body ache
How to use Aerocort Inhaler?
Consult your doctor or check the label for direction before use. It comes in a form of tablet, capsule, and syrup. It should be inhaled orally. Take it by mouth, in an empty stomach. Breath in from mouth, press down on the inhaler to release the medication and hold your breath for 10 seconds.
Repeat until you have inhaled the number of puffs as your doctor suggested you. Rinse your mouth with water and spit it out. Shake the inhaler well and take two or three puffs as advised by your doctor. It is given to patients above 4 years of age, because inhaler given to the patients above 4 years of age. Dosage of this medication depend on the age of patients.
How it works?
It is a combination of two medicines: Levosalbutamol and Beclometasone. Levosalbutamol is a bronchodilator it acts by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Beclometasone is a steroid medicine. It stops the release of certain natural substances in body which cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. When they mix together, they make breathing process easier.
The effect of Aerocort inhaler may be noticeable after a few days but you will get the whole benefits after a few weeks. Do not quit it without consulting your doctor.
- If you are taking this inhaler, do not consume inhaler. This Inhaler may cause too much drowsiness with alcohol.
- It may be unsafe to use while you are pregnant. There are limited studies on human and animals that have shown harmful effect on development of baby. Consult your doctor before using it during pregnancy, he or she will let you know the benefits and risk of using it.
- Aerocort inhaler consider safe for women who are breastfeeding. Limited studies have shown that the drugs does not do any harm for the baby. It is consider safe for the mother and child.
- There are no interaction found for patients with liver or kidney disease.
- This medicine may affect blood sugar, doctor may monitor your blood sugar regularly.
What if you forget to take Aerocort Inhaler?
Take a missed dose as soon as you remember about it. If you remember it, when it is close to the time of next dose, skip the missed dose and back to your normal time. Sometimes this drug can be used when it needed.
- This medicine should be used regularly to be effective, keep using this inhaler even if you don’t have any symptoms.
- It does not work to relieve sudden asthma attack.
- If you want to get more benefits from it, you have to make sure that you have the right technique of using it.
- It also comes as a injection solution.
- So not take without doctor prescription.
- Aerocort is only for inhalation, the tablet should not be swallowed.
- Take it at same time per day to get more benefits.
- It does not work immediately so use your rescue inhaler to control sudden asthma attack.
- Gargle with warm water after inhalation to avoid any fungal infection.
- Store it at room temperature
- Keep it in a cool and dry place and keep it away from children.
- Tell your doctor if you have any liver or kidney disease, he or she may adjust your dose according to your medical history.
- Do not use it after expiry date.
Conclusion should you buy it or not?
If you are dealing with breathing problems or asthma, you should use Aerocort inhaler. Aerocort forte inhaler relaxes the muscles of the air passages and makes it easy to breathe for asthma patient. With some minor side effects it is safe to use. You won’t need any medical attention for the side effects of this medication. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant and breastfeeding before using it.