Do not ignore these symptoms, It can be an indication of B12 deficiency
Vitamin b12 is also called vitamin b complex. It is a group of eight vitamins, b1, b2 b3, b5, b6, b7, and b9. It can be dissolved n water which is why it can easily travel in your bloodstream. This has another name also “Cobalamin”. This vitamin helps the body to use its fat and proteins properly. Vitamin B 12 is also very essential for our skin, hair, liver, and eyes. B12 vitamin is also very essential for pregnant women and their developing babies. It also keeps our nervous system fit.
Due to today’s lifestyle and eating habits, many people are facing vitamin b12 deficiency. When B12 deficiency accrues you may notice many problems in your body. If you keep ignoring these symptoms this can become an issue.
How do you know that you have b12 deficiency? Let’s discuss it here.
What are the signs of Vitamin b12 Deficiency?
Many parts of our body need vitamin b12 to function well, such as DNA synthesis, the nervous system, etc. Therefore the deficiency of b12 can be a sign of any problem.
Common health issue if you have b12 deficiency
- Mouth ulcers
- Decreased appetite
- Weight loss
- Sore and red tongue
- yellow skin, Blood deficiency
- Vision problems
- Problem in memory, difficult to remember things
What is the reason for Vitamin B12 deficiency?
Anemia or Vitamin B12 deficiency may have happened to any of the following reasons:
- Stomach conditions;- like thinning of the stomach lining due to atrophic gastritis, can be a cause of vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Anemia;-This condition generally accrues in elderly people above 50.
- Intestinal conditions;- Such as Crohn’s disease which the digestive tract gets swelled Which may further lead to vitamin B 12 deficiency.
- Certain medications;– Some medications can be a hurdle in the absorption of Vitamin b 12
- Vegan;-People with a poor diet have maximum chances to develop B12 deficiency.
- If your diet is poor you may be at risk of vitamin deficiency.
- If you have a family history of diseases.
- Diabetes type-1
- Crohn’s disease
- If you are above 50 years of age so you may be at risk.
- poor diet child
- If you are a strict Vegetarian, you may develop a b12 deficiency
- If the diet is not good during pregnancy.
How to diagnose b12 deficiency?
The health expert can do some tests based on your family medical history.
How to treat Vitamin b12 deficiency?
You can combat vitamin b 12 deficiency just by following a few steps. Add some vitamin-rich foods and supplements
- Fortified cereals
- Vitamin b12 supplement
What complication can Vitamin b 12 deficiency cause?
The deficiency of this vitamin can become a cause of several problems Such as;-
- Neurological problems
- Neural tube defects
- Megaloblastic anemia
- Stomach cancer
One should take vitamin rich foods to avoid the deficiency. Because it is very important for many sides of our health. It’s very necessary for our nervous system, red blood cells, and DNA production. Therefore start taking Vitamin b12 in your diet and also consult with your health expert