Introduction of Glizid 40mg
Glizid 40mg belongs to the class of medicines referred to as oral hypoglycemics. It is used for the management of blood glucose in humans with kind 2 diabetes. It is used while weight loss programs, exercise, and weight loss have not been found to govern blood glucose well enough without a medicinal drug.
Glizid 40mg increases the quantity of insulin released by the pancreas and helps the body use insulin extra correctly. This medicine helps to treat the serious complication of diabetes such as damage of the kidney and blindness. Glizid 40 can be used alone or with any other medicine also.
Uses of Glizid 40mg
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Benefits of Glizid 40mg
This tablet works by increasing the level of insulin in your body. Reducing the blood glucose levels of your body is an essential part of managing diabetes. Because If you can control your blood sugar level, there is a chance of not getting the risk of serious complications of diabetes like kidney damage, eye damage, nerve problems, and loss of limbs. Taking Glizid 40mg tablet along with a healthy lifestyle (proper diet and regular exercise) will also help you to live a normal and healthy life.
Side effects of Gliclazide
Some side effects of Glizid 40mg do not need any medicinal attention. But You can consult your doctor if you are worried about any side effects or your problem become worse;-
- Upset stomach
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Changes in vision
- Decreased heartbeat
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Decreased Heartbeat
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
How to use Glizid 40mg
Take Glizid 40mg in the dose and duration as your doctor prescribed you. Also, Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. You should take Glizid 40 Tablet with food. Take this medicine at the same time per day regularly to get more benefits of Glizid tablet.
How it works
It is an antidiabetic medicine. It works by leveling up the amount of insulin released by the pancreas to reduce the blood sugar levels of the body.
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol while you are taking this tablet. Talk to your doctor before consuming alcohol while taking Glizid 40mg.
- It should be used with caution by pregnant women. Because there are some studies on human and animal that has shown some harmful results on a baby’s development. Consult with your doctor about whether you should use it or not during pregnancy.
- There are some studies on humans show that it is safe to use Glizid 40mg tablet during breastfeeding. Also, it does not harm your baby’s health. Consult with your doctor before using it
- Also, It is safe to drive after taking Glizid 40mg. Because it does not affect your vision.
- If you have or ever had any severe liver disease use Glizid medicine with caution. Because this medicine may have adverse effects on the liver.
- You should talk to your doctor about your medical history before using Glizid 40mg. Because Your doctor will adjust your dose according to your condition.
What if you forget to take Glizid 40mg
You should skip a dose of these tablets if you have skipped your food and add a dose of medicine if you have taken an extra meal. Do not take it without food.
- Take it with the first main meal (breakfast) avoid skipping the meal.
- First, confirm how this tablet affects you before operating heavy machinery or driving after taking glizid.
- Also, This tablet can cause hypoglycemia if you take it with other antibiotic medicine or alcohol.
- Check your liver function regularly if you are taking this medicine. Also, Inform your doctor if you are developing any side effects of this medicine.
- Also, Do not take it without food.
- The effect of this drug lasts for a maximum duration of 24 hours.
- Women who are breastfeeding or pregnant should use it with caution.
- Seek medical treatment quickly if you take an overdose of this medicine. because this may lead to severe health issues.
The conclusion is should you buy Glizid 40mg or not
If you are dealing with type 2 diabetes mellitus this medicine is highly recommended for you. It is an antidiabetic medicine. It works by leveling up the amount of insulin released by the pancreas to reduce the blood sugar levels of the body. With some treatable side effects, it is proved to be safe to use. Some side effects of this medicine do not need any medical attention. Continue use of this medicine will treat your diabetes. Also Do not use it without your doctor’s prescription.