Metaspray 50 mcg is a medicine for the treatment of allergic symptoms like sneezing, stuffy nose, itching and runny nose due to allergy or seasonal. It works by reducing the swelling and irritation in the nose. It contains mometasone which belongs to the group of medicines called corticosteroids. Metaspray 50 mcg is also used to treat nasal polyps in adults. One should always use it as prescribed by your doctor. Before using this medicine it is important for you to discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Uses of Metaspray 50 mcg
It is prescribed for
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Nasal polyps (swelling of the lining of nasal passage and sinuses)
- Allergic Rhinitis Prophylexis (itching, sneezing, red or watery eyes, runny and stuffy nose)
- Nasal congestion
Benefits of Metaspray 50 mcg
Metaspray 50 mcg belongs to the group of medicine called corticosteroids. It is used to treat allergic symptoms. It helps in the treatment of stuffy nose, runny nose and sneezing due to the allergy or seasonal. You should use it regularly to get the full benefits of this medicine. It reduces the swelling and irritation in your nose.
Side effects of Metaspray 50 mcg
Common Side Effects
- Flu infection
- Nose bleed
- Sore throat
Serious Side Effects
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Heart burn
- Infections caused by viruses
- Serious allergic reactions, rash, hives
- Swelling of the face, mouth and tongue
- Slow growth in children
- Eye problems
- Effects on Immune system
How to Use Metaspray 50 mcg
- Use metaspray 50 mcg as prescribed by your doctor.
- Check the prescription for directions before use.
- You should clean your nose gently before using it
- Keep one nostril close while inserting the bottle tip into other nostril
- Keep the head up while using it
- Breath in after pressing the bottle
- Metaspray will take 1 week or longer for you to get better
- Do not stop using it even if you feel better until your doctor tells you to do so
How it works
It is a steroids. Metaspray 50 mcg gets absorbed into the cells of inner surface of the nose and works by reducing the swelling and irritation in your nose.
This drop may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. If you are thinking about using it during pregnancy, first consult your doctor.
It is safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding if you doctor prescribed you.
- Shake the bottle before use
- Clean your nose before using it
- Avoid deep breathing because it will back to the throat and become less effective
- Do not share the bottle with anyone else because you can spread germs if you do so
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection or nose surgery recently.