Osteofos contains Alendronic acid. Alendronic acid commonly known as Alendronate. Osteofos 35 mg is used for the treatment of osteoporosis (weakening of bones)caused by menopause or use of steroids. One can reduce the risk of breaking bones with the use of this medicine. This Tablet is a bisphosphonate. It suppresses the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause the destruction of bones. The use of this medicine minimizes the risk of fracture and it gives strength to the bones. This medicine is also recommended for patients who are taking steroids that affect bone health. It reduces the amount of calcium released from the bones into the blood.
Uses of Osteofos 35mg
- It is used for reducing the risk of fracture (because of the weakness of bone) in women after they have been through the menopause
- It prevent loss of bones in men or others who are taking steroids
- It reduce the risk of spine or hip fracture
Benefits of Osteofos
Osteoporosis is a common condition that weakens bones. This condition makes bones very fragile that can break easily. This condition often occurs in women after menopause and people who are taking steroids. Osteoporosis can be treated with a medicine that strengthens the bones. Osteofos helps in the treatment of Osteoporosis, it reduces the risk of fracture of bones. It maintains bone density. You can also improve your bone health by doing exercise regularly, eating healthy food and reducing use of alcohol.
Side effects of Osteofos
Most side effect of it does not require medical attention and disappear as body adjust to the medicine
- Bone, muscle or joint pain
- Swelling of the joints, hands and legs
- Bloating in the stomach
- Heart burn
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Pain in swallowing
- Bloody vomit
- Chest pain
How to Use Osteofos
Always use it as your doctor prescribed you because every patient and their case is different, so the dosage can be different based on the disease, patient’s history route of administration, patient’s age.
Take Osteofos right after get out of bed in the morning, before eating or drinking anything. Never take it before bedtime. Do not take tea, coffee, soda, juice or any other sparkling water.
How it Works
It works by reducing bone breakdown and increasing bone density (thickness). It increases the bone strength. It works by reducing the amount of calcium released from the bones in to the blood.
- Avoid alchohol
- It may be harmful to use Osteofos during pregnancy, consult your doctor before using it during pregnancy
- This tablet may cause side effect that could affect your ability to drive
- If you have any severe kidney disease, consult your doctor before using it
- Tell your doctor about any liver disease if doctor prescribed Osteofos.
What If You Forget To Take It
If you missed a dose of Osteofos 35 mg, skip it and continue with your normal schedule.
- Osteofos 35 mg is used for the treatment of osteoporosis
- always use it as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not take tea, coffee, soda, juice or any other sparkling water while taking this medicine.