Antifungal medicine works to treat fungal infections, which mostly affect hair, skin, and nails.
Some of the antifungal medicines you can buy without a doctor’s prescription.
How does antifungal medicine work?
These medicines effectively work by inhibiting the spread of fungal infections and also killing the fungus.
When to consult a health adviser?
In case you have any fungal infection and it is not healing with home remedies consult a health adviser as soon as possible.
Use of antifungal medicine
This medicine treats several types of fungal infections that include.
- fungal nail infection
- vaginal thrush
- athlete’s foot
Some other types of fungal infections spread inside the body and that infection need hospitalization.
Types of antifungal drugs
Antifungal medicines come in various different forms that include;-
A few things you should keep in your mind before using antifungals
Before applying any antifungal drug discuss with a doctor in detail if you have;-
- In case having any side effects with antifungal medicines
- allergies that can affect your treatment.
- Some medications can interact with antifungal medicines.
- in case you are pregnant or feeding a baby
Some adverse effects of this medicine
Sometimes in some cases, a few patients can notice some negative effects that include;-
- itching or burning
- a rash
- feeling sick
- abdominal pain
In some rare cases, this medicine can give very severe adverse effects such as;-
- Some allergic reactions on your face, tongue, or neck such as swelling and breathing difficulty.
- Skin peeling or blistering on the skin is also a very severe side effect.
- A very rare case is live damage
Discontinue the use of these medications if you see any above severe side effects.