Enapril 10mg is a medicine that is used to treat hypertension. Also known as high blood pressure in men and women and sometimes children who are one month old or more. High blood pressure is a condition that is associated with other diseases as well. High blood pressure puts pressure on the heart and arteries and if it persists for a longer period, then there may be possibilities that the heart and arteries may not function properly. This can result in some serious conditions such as damage to the blood vessels of the brain, heart, and kidneys. It can further cause stroke, heart failure, heart attack, kidney failure, loss of vision, and many more serious conditions that can prove to be fatal for your life.
Your doctor can prescribe other drugs in combination with Enapril 10mg that help in treating high blood pressure or congestive heart failure. It comes in tablet or in solution form.
How does Enalapril work?
It works by decreasing the heart’s ability to pump blood to the body and by blocking a substance that causes the blood vessels to tighten. As soon as you take doses of enalapril it starts relaxing and widening the blood vessels. This drops your blood pressure and the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart increases.
side effects of Enalapril
If you have signs of an allergic reaction due to enalapril then you must at once see your doctor as it should not be taken lightly.
- Nausea, diarrhea.
- Dizziness, headache, drowsiness.
- Dry mouth and Dry Cough
- Low Blood Pressure
- Loss of appetite, ability to taste.
What precautions should I take? Before taking enalapril 10 mg,
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to enalapril 10.
- Notify your doctor if you are taking valsartan and sacubitril medicines or if you have stopped taking these medications within the last one or two days.
- Notify your doctor about any other medications you are on, including nutritional supplements, or herbal products.
- Inform your doctor if you have or have ever had heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, lupus, scleroderma, diabetes, or angioedema
- Consult with your doctor if you get pregnant
- Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- If you had any surgery or are about to have any surgery or dental surgery
- Notify your surgeon or dentist before the surgery that you are taking enalapril 10 mg.
- With this medication it is advisable to intake a liquid as diarrhea, vomiting, or perspiring a lot can cause a drop in blood pressure that can result in lightheadedness and even fainting.
- It is best to stop smoking, taking alcohol, or any other drugs.
What happens? If you don’t take enalapril 10 mg
- Your blood pressure condition may get severe, increasing the risk of high blood pressure that can become the root cause of other related issues like heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. The condition can become fatal
What if you stop taking Enapril 10mg suddenly?
- It is always good to consult your doctor first before taking this step.
- Your blood pressure may suddenly shoot up giving way to anxiety, sweating, and a fast heart rate and that can turn out to be serious. It may again get pathetic if you are dealing with cardiovascular issues like heart failure causing you Y chest pain, shortness of breath, and swelling of your limbs.
What If you don’t take Enapril 10mg on schedule?
- In that case, there may be strong possibilities that your blood pressure condition may get awful and land you into serious conditions like heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. The condition can become fatal
What step to take if you miss the dose of Enapril 10mg?
- If not much time has passed since you missed your dose then take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time to take your next dose then only go for one dose at that time. Do not try to compensate for your missed dose by taking two doses at once as this could be dangerous for your health.
What If you have taken an extra dose of the Enapril 10mg
- If you think you’ve taken an extra dose then do not wait at all and at once call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital where you can be treated
What If the medication is working
- In case of high blood pressure, it will get in control and would go down.
- In case of cardiovascular problems, you will feel relieved in shortness of breath or any other symptoms related to it.
- It is best to keep it out of the reach of children.
- Do not keep expired medicine
- consult your doctor regarding disposing of outdated medicine
- Do not freeze the medicine
- The best way to keep it is in a closed container at room temperature
- Keep it away from heat, moisture, and direct light
Buy Enapril 10mg online from Golden Drug shop at an affordable price and avail of free shipping on Bulk buying.