Valcivir 500mg is an antiviral drug that prevents the replication of viruses in our bodies. And it also works to reduce the chance of growing an infection. This medicine is prescribed to treat conditions such as genital herpes infection, herpes zoster, and herpes labialis. 500mg is a high dose of this drug and very potent. Therefore you must consult your health expert before taking it. Along with that, you must drink plenty of water when on this medicine. And this helps to reduce the chances of dehydration and also kidney damage.
What is Valacyclovir 500 mg used for?
Genital Herpes Infection
This is a sexually transmitted disease that can be seen found in both males and females. It shows signs of genital pain and also sores, along with irritation and itching in the private area. This medicine helps to treat the symptoms of SIT by stopping the multiplication of the virus.
If you are suffering from a painful rash then this might be a sign of a weak immune system. This is an effective drug to treat viral infections. Along with the medicine pay attention to your hygiene and also keep your immune system strong.
This is an infection that usually affects the lip area and we call it cold sores. Having burning pain, along with sores or small blisters is associated with this infection. And these symptoms can also be followed by fever, lymph node enlargement, and sore throat. Valcivir 500 helps reduce these symptoms and helps to treat the infection.
How does Valcivir 500 Work?
This drug works by preventing the multiplication of the virus in the body of the affected person. That’s how it reduces the severity of the infection and promotes healing.
How to take Valcivir 500mg
After you buy this medicine, remember that you need to follow your doctor’s advice. You can take it with or without food. But you should follow your doctor’s advice and take it on a fixed schedule. Make sure you swallow a whole pill, without chewing, breaking, or crushing it.
Storage of Valcivir 500mg
Store it in a cool, dry place, also away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight. Also, try to keep it away from pets and children. Discard the expired or damaged medicine right away following a safe process.
What Safety Tips to Follow When taking Valcivir 500mg?
- This drug is safe to use during pregnancy but you must consult your doctor before taking it.
- It is also safe to use during breastfeeding but consult your health expert.
- Valcivir 500mg may give you dizziness or affect your alertness. Therefore do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have some kind of kidney disease then your doctor may advise you to not consume this pill. He may also change the dosage and duration of the medicine. You should drink plenty of water alongside.
- For people with liver disease, Valcivir is safe to use. However, you must consult your health expert.
- For people with genital herpes, it is recommended that they avoid sexual activity when the sores are present. And they should also use condoms.
- Even if you are feeling better, you must complete your medicine course fully as prescribed without skipping any dose.
Valacyclovir Side Effects
Depending on your medical conditions, health aspects, etc., there are chances of developing side effects. When you use this tablet. Although most of the side effects disappear gradually as your body adjusts to this drug. If the problem persists for long, then we advise you to consult a doctor.
Common side effects;-
- Abdominal Pain or Stomach Discomfort
- Light Sensitivity
- Skin Rashes
Precautions To Take
- Check the ingredients of the Valcivir tablet and see whether you are allergic to any of those or not.
- If you are over 65 years of age discuss with a doctor before use.
- Consult your doctor if you have kidney or liver problems.
- If your immune system is weak.
- After taking the pill, you may develop conditions such as an increase in eosinophilia fever accompanied by rashes, elevated liver enzymes, and lymph node enlargement.
What if You Take an overdose of Valcivir 500mg?
An overdose of this may cause feelings of hallucinations, lack of alertness and focus, problems in your kidneys, confusion, vomiting, and nausea. In such conditions, you should consult a health expert.
What if You Miss a Dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember that. If it is time for the next dose, then you should skip the missed dose. And follow your routine.
Interactions of Valcivir 500mg with Other Medicine
There are drugs with which Valcivir 500mg may interact, and these include;-
- Mycophenolate Mofetil- used to treat Crohn’s disease
- Probenecid- works to treat gout
- Tenofovir- help to treat hepatitis B
- Cimetidine- used to treat stomach issues like ulcers
- Amphotericin B, Cisplatin, Cidofovir, methotrexate, foscarnet, pentamidine, tacrolimus- these may affect kidneys
You should consult your doctor about the possible interaction of Valcivir 500 with other drugs, or if you are on some kind of supplements or herbal products.
When you want to buy Valcivir 500mg, ensure that you are choosing only a reliable store that provides you with genuine products at the right price.